Saturday, October 29, 2005

We had 2 major break throughs this week.

This week I am proud to say that I had an entire day where I didn't have to change a single diaper. No, Adam didn't take off work and stay home. No, I didn't go anywhere. I was home most of the day, but like most days I had some errands to run, and through it all Home Depot and all Sebastian used the toilet. I am and was so proud. Now the next day the trend did not continue, but I have tasted the easy poop free life and though I was sad at the end of the diaper free day I will be glad when we are diaper free entirely!
Our second break through came while I was taking a quick nap. The kids were in their room having quiet time because they were driving me nuts and need some down time themselves to gather their thoughts and composure. I awake to Victoria handing me a letter addressed to me love Victoria. Inside were all the letters she has been working on including her name starting with a capital "V" and ending in the miraculous lower case "a". She was so proud and excited to share this letter with me. I don't want to forget how excited she was or how it made me feel that she wanted to share them with me and the acceptance and acknowledgement she sought. I lavished her with kisses and praise. I want my kids to know that I love them and am so very proud of them for who they are, and though I might be sad to change a poopie diaper after a diaper free day or receive a scowl for suggesting a lower case letter in place of a capital at the end of a name of Victoria's name I am so proud of the progress they have made. I am hopeful for them and excited for when they will achieve what I know they are capable of in so many areas. I am also excited to be suprised by what comes to be that I know I am not expected. I know my children are beautifully and wonderfully made and I am so thankful for the time God has placed them in our care. A continual prayer I find myself repeating is God make me the kind of parent you would have me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home