Saturday, September 10, 2005

53rd

My husband is definately a glass if half full kind of guy. As a matter of fact, when it comes to his posative outlook I'd say he's more of a glass overflowing type. I ran in a little 5k last weekend (that's a mere 3.2 miles). Adam has been telling people that I came in third place, which I did in my age division, which included 22 others besides myself. I was honored to be standing next to the 1st and 2nd place finishers in my age group of 30-34, because they are awesome runners. They chit chat every weekend during our long run for marathon training, running easily almost without effort probably about a steady 9 minute mile pace. SO, to be in a photo with them was awesome! I highly recommend the Cirque 5k/1 mile fun run/walk, which Victoria ran in around 13 or 14 minutes. They started the 5k runners and the clock at the same time, so Victoria probably started 5 minutes later and the clock said 18:00 when she finished. Adam thought she ran it in 18:00 which we both thought was pretty awesome for a 5 year old, but she started after most of the walkers and passed most of them running by and was one of the first 1 mile finishers. I am so proud. She ran my first 7/10 of a mile tonight, and I so enjoy the time with her. After we got home she took off her shoes by untying the laces and then stretched, while Adam was reading to Sebastian. By the time I returned from my 4 mile run she was in bead, reading to Adam. She is doing pretty well with her reading. She sounds out and actually reads to me, I think she was just remembering from memory how the story goes for Adam. I just think it's awesome that our children love books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home