Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Flying alone, next to a 2 year old.

I went home this last weekend ALONE. One of my bridesmaids from my wedding got married herself. The wedding was beautiful in a beautiful garden in Madison near either Lake Mendota or the other one, Minnona or something like that. It rained, but that meant little this was Wisconsin. Rain is suppose to be good luck the day of your wedding. We were late (my mom and I) and it was a blessing! Everyone else couldn't see over the mass of umbrellas, but we stood in the back under a vine draped arbor, dry with clear visibility of the beautiful bride and her groom. Adam couldn't travel with me and it was a no-kid wedding so I was alone, and last minute my dad couldn't get away from his work, so my mom and I went together. We were able to spend a lot of quality time together over the weekend. I also was able to go out dancing with 2 of my sister-in-laws, spend some time with my sister, Bethany and really talk to her. My twin nephews were a highlight as well.
Upon my return, I for the first time, found myself excited to return to Las Vegas. I suppose I was actually excited to return to my darling husband, who by the way looked like a GQ front cover model leaning up against the wall in the airport as I came down the escalator. I was equally excited to see Victoria and Sebastian. Three days away from your kids is just long enough to make you really appreciate them and not to long to make you sad. I am so greatful to my mother-in-law for her help during Adam's busy weekend and to Sara for filling in at the last minute when my plane was late! The last leg of my trip I sat next to an army wife with her 2 year old son. We talked about her husband being over seas and how adaptation just naturally sets in when we have to deal with a new situation. I am applying what really sank in talking to her to my new outlook on Vegas and what will probably be my dying days here, and that's O.K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home