Thursday, June 23, 2005

Officially in my 30's now!!!! :)

This morning in my reading I came across this, "When we are overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions....You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness..." I found when I prayed, "Please God help me to hear and answer my alarm tomorrow morning I really need to start getting up earlier, something clicked. Answered prayer? I woke up at 6:58, a little more than 15 minutes prior to when my alarm would go off, and I was awake enough to be able to turn the alarm OFF. Thanks to the one I call Father! I read a little and was encouraged, it was just what I needed, when I needed it and didn't even know it. I had a really nice little run and now It's 9:30 and I've already dealt with a do-over a/c repairman visit, who didn't have to fix anything other than my faith in the company. I am ready to start my day. Maybe we'll actually get Victoria's reading done before Story hour at the library and get there on time!
I have to say I have so many things to be thankful for: getting up early today (well early for me), Heidi's encouragement to eat something healthy, truly healthy for breakfast today, my neighborhood, the fact that today is garbage day and picking up neighborhood litter is so much easier when there are garbage cans out before the trash collection, a friend who yelled from their van, with her kids yesterday loud enough for me to be able to hear with headphones Happy Birthday!!!!!, that my parents didn't forget to call, that my darling husband kept trying to make yesterday special despite my strongest effort to make it ordinary, that someone who reallized they didn't know it was my birthday after talking to me, must have driven all the way over to my house and left a card that I would find after a good run, that my children and my husband seized the day and although I didn't make a cake or anything they brought me a candle in icecream for me to blow out and make a wish. I am not sad about being 30, I am ecstatic!!! I was a little sad to know it was the end of being 20, but not until the last hour and a half when someone pointed it out, a friend who still has quite a few years in her 20's for which I am excited to be a part of her adventures, but not at all jealous, because I have my own to explore in my thought provocing 30's.
Yesterday Victoria asked me what I want to be when I grow up. See I still have to grow up I guess.
A VERY GOOD FRIEND told me who cares that your 30 you still look 19. Even though this isn't true it was nice to hear and sweet for someone to say. I truly am blessed to have so many sweet, loving people in my life, with new friends and family arriving all the time.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Happy belated birthday!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!! I love and miss you much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home