Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Adam and I watched the movie What the Bleep Do We Know. Mind you I don't know much about physics, but it was really interesting and spurred on all kinds of other stuff. There was one mystic type lady in the movie that I thought was a bit freaky. It's funny though in our small gathering Sunday night someone posed the question, "Do you consider yourself a mystic?" You should look up the definition of a mystic and mysticism in the dictionary before you answer that question.
My journey lately has forced me to look deeper into what I believe and why. I was reading something lately, I can't remember what it was, but it was an interview where the interviewee was asked if he was a Christian to which he answered yes and then he was asked to defend Christianity. Then he responded, "I won't defend it because how can I defend something that has so many definitions to so many different people. I would be defending the wrongs that "Christianity" has done to so many people. He said he would love to talk about Jesus. The interviewer wanted to go to lunch afterwards and talk about Jesus. Now I remember, it was my paraphrasing an exerpt from a book someone was blogging about, thank you Andy! (the book is Blue Like Jazz by D. Miller) I would be interested in reading that book.
It's funny as well because Adam while in the office yesterday had a conversation with his Broker about the stuff we took from that movie. His broker has always been a mystery. Adam told me he began to understand his broker yesterday who would basically roll his eyes when someone gave him a Bible verse. However, the why of it surfaced yesterday. Why let the verse come out of your mouth if it doesn't pour out of your heart. If you're not living it don't try and push it on other people. My prayer is that God consumes the me that tries to be a "good Christian" and that God would simply pour out of me and love others, without judging.
His broker brought up an excellent analogy. He said Western organized religion consists of a bunch of people running a race that keep looking over their shoulder to see who's lagging behind or falling down. I want to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. It doesn't matter what the guy next to me is doing, unless he's asking me for a hand to help him get up when he's fallen. Even when helping it's hard sometimes to not look down on people and wonder why did they fall, how? Really it doesn't matter though does it, the why and how of where someone is at. Really it only matters where they're going. I want myself to learn from where I've been and move on.
I truly have one of the best support systems that a person could possibly have. I am so thankful. A friend had mentioned their love and appreciation for someone whom did not hestitate to ask for help and upon whom they could depend on to come to the rescue even when they didn't know they needed rescuing. If that isn't the definition of a true friend I don't know what is.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger The Hubbard Family said...

Not to compare with anyone in particular, but this is a darn good blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home