Saturday, March 05, 2005

It's Been A Long Time

Well, it has been a long time since I was able to blog. Our computer had an unfortunate fate with a fist and a floor. However, after many suggestions made by many different friends and asssociates to purchase a Dell computer, we left Best Buy last night with this Sony. However, I am confident that it was a wise purchase, and if not then Best Buy will be getting to know my husband and I well. My husband, Adam, is very passionate about properly functioning equipment. He does not appreciate his business being jeopardized by garbage equipment. I know that in the past my kin and I have had friendly, helpful service at Best Buy, so when the sales associate asked us if we wanted the extended warranty and Adam turned to me to ask me IF we needed it, I had a brief flashback to 3 weeks ago when our computer malfunctioined and then my husband malfunctioned. I gave my husband a solid YES, we need any extra help we can get! My only complaint is that the purchase price was a said $250 less after a store mail-in rebate, which is not my complaint. However, I think they only give you a store price with a mail in rebate so that they can charge you the higher extented warranty price. The price of the computer less the rebate would have put us into the lower priced warranty bracket, but hey what's $50, it would only pay for more than half of my food for my entire family for a week or fill the tank in the car with gas twice. I did learn something that I wish I had learned before Adam had a computer demolition, in our bedroom one gloomy, muggy, wet evening three weeks ago. There are two extremely useful tools that I never knew about. First, if your computer is a laptop, whose battery gets hot, which they all do there is a chill pad, available for $30-$50, it keeps your battery from overheating. Secondly, we were informed by Laura our friendly Best Buy associate that there is a little thing you plug into one of your ports? that will act in the place of up to 300 floppies, for storing your info. If we had owned these two amazing tools we would still have our crappy Toshiba notebook that lasted only one year, and we would have all of my husbands files backed up on that little thing-a-ma-jig that wouldn't take up the precious room in our home that we already don't have to offer 300 floppies. I am just happy to have a computer again and be able to blog, thank you God for a quieter fan and motor? whatever it is that made so much noise in the toshiba is silent in the Sony and the fan in the chill pad is audible, but still much quieter than the Toshiba. What this amounts to is that the only thing that will bother my husband's sleep while I blog now, in the middle of the night when the kids aren't hollering like Tarzan and Jane in the backyard like they are currently is the sound of my 30-40 wpm typing fingers. Maybe I should revisit my keyboarding skills program, so I will finish blogs such as this one more efficiently.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Kenny said...

Me have Sony. Sony me likey.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger MrH said...

Phew! :) Thanks for the 411. Knowing our friends that know so much about computers like what we got lets me breathe a sigh of relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home