Thursday, December 30, 2004

O.k. my crossroads, and I'm not talking about Brittany

Yes, Adam and I did rent Crossroads, starring Brittany Spears. We also saw Glitter and Madonna's flop. I think we enjoy looking for something good in what other people label garbage. By the way we own the American idol Kelly and Justin's movie. If you care to borrow it. I dare say it was pretty good if you enjoy listening to good SINGERS. I will not defend one terrible dance and song scene with the protagonist.
Anyways, MY crossroad is that my mom who really shouldn't have, sent us a check for Christmas, and I don't know if I should cash it. If I don't cash it, I think it would bother her. My parents aren't made of money, and I know they could use it for more useful things. Now my mom wouldn't send it if she hadn't set it aside in the checking account to give it, but I really want to just go spend it on either a bike trailer for the kids to ride behind me, when I have to give up running or for a trampoline for their upcoming birthdays which are only 2 weeks apart. The check wouldn't cover either purchase, but I have a rebate check and two one day side job checks that would just about cover both purchases. Am I being selfish? The trailer would really be for all of us because we could all go out for a ride together as a family, and the trampoline although they have asked for one and enjoy using them when they've had a chance, is just a luxury item that they totally don't need. I also have had water in my ear for about three months. It doesn't hurt. Adam wants me to go to the doctor. I probably should use the money that I worked for to see a doctor, and maybe buy the highly probable prescription. If anyone knows a really nice doctor, that would be great info to leave in the comment section. We don't have insurance currently, because our insurance was a scam and didn't pay for anything $360/month 8 months into payments. The only discount we recieved from the necessary visit Sebastian had was a physician's visit discount card savings, which we kept, but I am finding that it's probably just the savings you receive by paying cash. I sure don't like going to the doctor, and insurance is such a scam. It's too bad that so many people are so stinkin' sue happy, and that doctor's have to charge so much to be the guessing, mechanic's of the medical world. Don't get me wrong I understand the sacrifice they make in their education and time away from their family, but if they didn't have to carry so much darn INSURANCE, then we wouldn't have to carry so much, to make health care affordable.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have those anti-biotic drops. I will be on your side of town this weekend and I will drop them by. It is a $90 prescription, but it only cost me $20 and I got my use out of them. I don't think they can hurt you at all. I used them for EXACTLY the same thing.
Meghann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home