Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas On The Way

Well, it's CHRISTmas eve. No matter what the media says and Adam then tells me about, because I find the media just about useless, I still think most people haven't forgotten that it's Christmas and not just the holiday season for no particular reason. I do enjoy seeing the faces of those I love opening gifts. Gift giving is such a gift. Although I try and give all throughout the year it's always easier to give during Christmas. Sometimes it's a second chance at a friendship renewal or a way to make up for being a jerk at other times of year. I almost cannot wait until morning! Victoria is 4 and really grasps the idea of asking for something you really want and hoping that maybe it will be under the tree tomorrow morning. She has been asking for a guitar with a stick for about 4 months and for a violin for a little over a month now. Our awesome friend Caitlin has lent us her violin for which we are grateful, because it was generous and it allowed us to discover Victoria's passion for wanting to learn the instrument. She has been practicing daily. Sebastian is kind of excited, but next year will definately be better for him. However, I know that when he opens up his Superman and Batman that there will be a battle between two allies like never before. I am expecting some battle scars right from the get go. He has enjoyed playing Superman and watching it, now he can create scenarios on his own and play both the good guy and the bad guy. I am curious who will be the bad guy. I am counting on Superman being the ultimate hero. Goodnight my friends, and when you wake may there be gumdrops and sugar plums, whatever those are, awaiting you, or maybe a nice, freshly brewed pot of aromatic coffee. I don't think I will be sleeping much tonight, I may need a cup myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home