Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Better Late Than Never

I ran sprint intervals last night. So, prayer was not out of the question, but I saved it for an extra cool down lap through the neighborhood, and as I approached our home I spotted an ambulance. One of my neighbors that I only know by one of the occupants faces, was whisked away in the ambulance. I prayed for their quick return and healing. I should know my neighbors better!
I reallized when I got passed the crisis situation that while thanking God for some pretty amazing things, that I forgot to thank Him for my food at dinner time. I reallized that God just wants us to be thankful. I don't think He cares so much about my ritual of saying it before I eat. I just know that sometimes I probably would get so carried away with my day that I would forget to be thankful if I wasn't when my food was starring me in the face. I thanked God for my food during my cool down as well as many other things last night. I know I am so blessed. I know I need to share with everyone all the wonderful blessings in my life, (when it's the right time of coarse.) If she would understand me, I would thank Ella for the blessing she is in my life. Sometimes I think it's hard to think that other children besides my own can be such a blessing. I think it's pride, and I need to get over it. God has given me two beautiful children in every which way, and I am so thankful. God has also blessed me with so many wonderful friends with extraordinary children. Last night while sitting with Ella, during her dinner I said that looks so yummy. She offered me a piece of her chicken and pasta. Throughout the night she continued to share with me, her joy! She giggled with me and smiled. She leaned over in her chair as far as she could to see Gene coming through the door. I found a piece of her shared pasta in the dogs fur near her face, so I am sure that Ella was probably trying to share the wealth, and just was a little off target. All in all it was a night of Ella's joy, at least for me. Oh, and a close second was the blessing of Lisa's awesome chocolate pudding!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tera said...

I always thought that the phrase "sparkle in dad's eyes" was pretence. I now know it is post-tence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home