Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Mesh of a God First Small Group and Apex Gathering.

Adam and I are part of a small group going through a study focused on Surrender and putting God first. We are also still in love with our big family at Apex. The music at Apex Sunday was so nice, thank you to all involved in making the sound, billowing to God, so awesome to be a part of. I truly am blessed to be a part of something so much bigger than myself, where my kids are known and loved for exactly who and what they are. I love the fact that during singing a song to God I can take the time to try and explain communion to my 4 year old and that when she doesn't understand why I am such a mean mommy that my friend Amy was able to take her when she left my side so upset. First of all I love that someone even noticed a tiny little 4 year old crying in the front row. I found out later that not only did Amy lessen the hurt, but her awesome husband also joined in on the fun. My friend let my daughter know that although she didn't understand what her mommy was doing by not allowing her to eat the bread that had been ready and waiting for her since before the service began, that she was trying her mommy best. They even told her for me that even if one kid did something she wasn't allowed to do that it didn't make it right, even if it wasn't fair. Thank you Dave and Amy. Boy are Adam and I going to miss you. You all are awesome!
I learned this week that I struggle with surrender. Heck, we probably all do. Really all sin ever really consists of is not surrendering to God's will for our lives. We tend to then suffer the consequences then and wonder why our lives are so hard. We are all really just a bunch of Jonahs. Joe was talking about Jonah, and although I have heard the story and read the book a bunch of times, I noticed more than ever the relationship between myself and Jonah. I am often not happy with what God obviously has in store for me and/or those around me. I try to run, by doing something else that in and of itself would not be bad, but when it's not done in accordance with God's plan it's funny how my plan doesn't ever seem to work out the way I think it should. Anyway, SURRENDER, what a concept! I discovered this on a written journey with my friend Kristie this week, who I probably let down, by being a butt-head doing some of those not in and of themselves not so bad things I do.
Adam and I just returned from a short trip to visit an investment property in Arizona. We had a pleasant trip, but it is funny how much you can miss people you see at least once a week when a whole week goes by without seeing them! I hope that all of our extended nuclear family, because that's where I would be if a nuclear bomb was going to hit and I knew about it with 5 minutes notice, are having a fabulous weeks vacation from me. Last but definately not least, I would like everyone to know that Ester rocks. Boy if only I could be outspoken when it was critical and quiet when necessary my life would definately go smoother, and probably more peaceful as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home