Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Near-sighted or Far

While running, I noticed that if I focused on the road directly in front, it makes my journey realatively easier. I avoid the anxiety, fear, and dread of what lies ahead. However, I could also run into danger that way, or miss the beauty that surrounds me by not looking ahead and studying my surroundings. I suppose that life was probably more difficult for those of us who couldn't see either near or far without modern medical break-throughs like glasses and bifocals, or the latest and greatest, corrective eye surgeory. Now all we need to do is remember to make use of what is available to us. (remember to wear our glasses, contacts or save up and get corrective eye surgeory.
If I only looked right in front of me during my whole run I would have missed the opportunity to encourage the little kid that fell of his bike, and not noticed his brother racing past me while his little brother lay fallen off in the distance. When I asked him, "Are you all "together"?" He did turn around and make sure his brother was alright. I remember those wipe outs. I also noticed this morning that on unfamiliar or rocky ground I needed to pay more attention to where I was going, and thus I spent more time on the constant next 10-12 feet I had to tackle. There was so much to notice and wonder at right there where things weren't as smooth. I guess that there is a time to look down, and a time to look ahead. It's how I try to go through all of life, there is a balance to everything. If we don't gorge ourselves, we can enjoy so many things in moderation. Ah, the smell of freshly cut grass as I near home, and to top it all off Shotsie's roses!
My family is still slumbering, and I want to finish Dr. Laura's The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, after a little studying. Victoria has acting class this morning. I hope she has fun. She wanted to take the class with Clay, and then she has ballet with a little girlfriend on Thursday. Sebastian has his first class on Saturday, gymnastics.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger keith said...

hi, thanks for the comment. i think i understood it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home