Sunday, September 12, 2004

Roses

I have found that no matter how rough or fabulous my day, it is always improved upon by a good run! I have found that running in my new neighborhood is the best yet for one reason. I have a german neighbor that lives 11 houses down, (yes I count) and she has the most beautiful roses! When I walk by with the kids either she or her husband, when they are out always clip me some (always an uneven number, because Shotsie says you can't have an even number) to take home. Does someone want to explain the concept of a dozen roses to me based on that concept, because she is right they do look better in an uneven number. Maybe once you have so many it's O.K. to have an even number. Is 12 that magic number? Anyways, her husband will clip me the most beatiful roses, while the wife will pick out some less favorable. They all smell fabulous, so I don't care so much about how they look. I use to think it was cute and funny the difference in their choice. However, I have come to appreciate Shotsie's choice all that much more, because when the roses are clipped their beauty begins to decline so much more rapidly. While I know that all beauty is fleeting, we all like to preserve it as long as we can, don't we? Well, I know I do and I am pretty sure Shotsie does. Myself, nor do my children ever walk, run, even rarely bike past Shotsie's roses without smelling their sweet perfume. Shotsie even told me all of the rose bush's names, which I have unfortunately forgotten, but I know the red roses are the most fragrant, with the purple ones being a close runner-up for now.
My darling husband has a big day today, which I hope goes well so that he has a big week as well! If you read this please pray God's will for him. He's working hard, and only God knows what will come of his hard work. I'm asking for an unspoken prayer request not to sound secretive or anything, but he wants to keep this one on the down low until the week is up. I have the best blog title coming, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home