Saturday, September 04, 2004

Whoa!

Where did the day go. I felt like a terrible mother this morning. Nobody was up in our house before 10 a.m. this morning. I laid around, and by the time I got up to make breakfast it was practically lunch. We were going to join my friend, Tera, and her three fabulous children for play group at a park, which I had told my children about and then didn't follow through with. I hope other people were there to hang out with my friends at play group. I really try to follow through. We went shopping instead for milk, bread, and bananas. We went home with a whole lot more. We picked up two movies and watched one, and now it's 3 o'clock in the morning. I am up starting my blog. Everyone else is sleeping. I have lots of thoughts racing through my tiny little head/brain. I have been reading blogs for a couple of months now, and felt it was time to stop being a spectator. I try and journal regularly, but it usually ends up being about my beautiful offspring. God is so good. Adam was just telling me how blessed I was earlier, mostly I think he was just trying to tell me how lucky I was to have him, which is O.K. because I agree. I love my husband and am honored that he chose me to spend the rest of his life with. I have to give a big thanks to my friends for reading Dr. Laura's book, which is not actually about the proper care and feeding of husbands. I'm not saying it's the gospel truth, or that I even followed any of her advise per say, but I will say that since I began reading it, my marriage is better than ever. Why? I can honestly say I am trying to be a better wife. I'm not even done, and have set her book down to finish some others first. I wonder if there will be any other growth on my part after I finish. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do recommend The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, by Dr. Laura.
I have been grappling with some issues in my life lately. Things are going pretty smooth, but there are a few things like politics and not my relationship with my heavenly father, but how I involve other people around me on the same journey and alternate roads to join me. I was a part of a group of people that use to meet weekly in my home and we just couldn't get together without God being a part of it. When we sold our house and moved out of state that group ceased to exhist shortly thereafter. I was sad when I returned and could not rejoin them, but I am only free to join them, when I am not free to join them. I have found that the relationships are still there, just not the meeting. Before I reallized I had lost nothing I went searching for that something I had never lost to begin with, and found more people to deepen my relationship with in someone else's home. I love were I am at in my life. I know I can learn from any and every situation I am in, and that I have a loving Father with me every step of the way. I hope that anyone that reads this will feel the freedom to walk along side me or run up ahead and leave me some words of encouragement. I am who I am today and who I hope to be tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Tera said...

Well it’s about time!!! :)

I’m not sure if you can understand how much of a blessing you and your family are to me and my family. I am honored that you consider me your friend. I am excited for the things to come; the searches that we will get into and the adventure that awaits. I love you guys very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home