Monday, November 08, 2004

Zion

My family had an awesome weekend, that we were able to share with friends, thanks to one lovely individual. We drove for approximately three hours to a deer enchanted place near Zion. I am from Wisconsin and have never seen that many deer in one place. My children were giddy. We stayed a nice resort, with a 9 hole golf coarse right on the grounds. They didn't wait up for us, but they left our key out for us taped to the office door. We were glad to see two familiar faces as we pulled into the parking lot. We all had patios, which we congregated on as long as it wasn't too cold. I had some awesome runs amongst the high peaking, beautiful red rocks, which reminded me of one of my favorite places in Vegas, where I will be running my next race. We slept well in our comfortable bouncy beds. I had fun just talking with Cheryl and Meghann the first night, and the next day was filled with activities. We visited a movie set place, which the kids really enjoyed, especially pretending to hang at the gallows, and getting locked up in jail. What's the matter with kids today. Our next stop was the sand dunes. It was my first trip to sand dunes, and what an experience. It was really windy so we had sand everywhere. I think I am still picking sand out of my eyes and ears, but it was awesome! The kids could climb and roll down the dunes without getting hurt. It really was quite beautiful as well. The fine sand and giant rolling hills, carved out by wind and other weather. The best part was that we were barefoot! It was a little cool, but so comfortable. Then we left the dunes, where my daughter tried to take sand, which is against the rules at a national park, however if I would have been smart I would have found a way to extract it from our bodies and have saved it for her. After lunch, we headed into Zion to hike with the kids and I learned always to stop at the fork in the trail to wait for the rest of your party to catch up, before you continue on. We raced down the trail to our cars to get to the hotel where I finially saw everyone who made the trip. Then we all went to dinner together. Jeremy and Lori even made it that night, after getting lost the night before, but I'm sure they had a nice time as a family during the day. After yummy Mexican food, in our own section of the restaurant, with awesome server's who actually played ring-around-the-rosies with our kids we headed back to the hotel. WE HAVE THE BEST KIDS AT APEX! Caitlynn and Jessie, (sorry if I spelled those wrong) are the cream of the crop, watching the kids so the adults could have time together. We all hung out and talked, laughed, and learned more about each other. I really enjoyed the time we had together. Sunday morning I woke up at 7 Utah time instead of Vegas time, so I was a little tired, but I had a great run that morning. The cows and I had some good moosation and prayer time rocked in a new light enviroment where I was praying for more than safety, from the night. I am transtioning to a.m. running, which I hate that it has to involve more fumes and exhaust. Oh well! We had a breakfast gathering, and I learned more about myself and some others as well. On the way home we were going to try and hike with the Ohls that we missed haning out with the day before, but it was raining and I thought chillier. So, instead we headed back, looked for the Ohl's car, with the Carder crew and the Ma... O.K. I won't even attempt to spell John and Sara's last name. We unfortuneately must have missed them! We used the walkie talkies all day again, but instead of having conversations with only the Carder van we also got to converse with John and Sara. Next time we need to find our other two talkies and have anyone who has some bring them. They were a lot of fun. We were going to stop for pie, but the restaurant sold out and no longer exhisted so we had A&W instead. I guess rootbeer tastes like Icelandic toothepaste. I need to start shipping in my toothpaste. The weather was a little tricky on the way home, and I was a little, O.K. a lot crabby for a while there. I apologize to my husband and anyone else who felt my wrath. Anyways, the weekend rocked and we came home and hung out together as a family, O.K. we didn't hang out but we relaxed and caught a flick. Ah life, 'tis so sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home