Friday, October 22, 2004

Party animal or party wallflower?

Adam and I are going to a party tonight. It is the 30th Birthday of another of our friends. We have been going to quite a few of these lately. Maybe we are closer to 30 than it seems. I am closer than Adam. We celebrated our 6th anniversary last week and we didn't get carded. Adam decided that we're getting older finally. I could care less about age, it's just a number assigned to me for the amount of years I have been able to live a wonderful life. What is young? What is old? I don't feel old, and I don't feel as though I ever will. Maybe when I'm like 80, IF I hurt from moving for 80 some odd years. I think about that though. When I run I take a day off to recover, but I don't like to take to much time off, because I hurt more and getting back to where I was is even harder. I plan to stay active my entire life, until they either have to strap me to a looney bed or my muscles and bones just give out, maybe when I'm like 110. Life is such a precious gift. I am trying to enjoy each and every day. Today could be my last, so it should be my best.
I am contemplating what to wear tonight. Hopefully, I will not spend 3 hours after the party with my sick husband in the chilly outdoors, in heals or running across rugged terrain in fish nets. Should I wear casual clothes and tennies or get all gussied up on a night out with my husband, friends, and no children? Oh, the silly dilemas I face that have no real significance, and would not matter at all tomorrow if I were dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home