Monday, November 08, 2004

Training

Training for my race makes me reallize, you cannot train for a race without working hard. Well, you can't take it easy and expect to finish well. You could still run the race, but would you feel good about it after your finish?
I have taken this into account when I think about THE ULTIMATE RACE that I am running. If I don't turn to my coach, I get hurt. I have to study the "how to" guide, and enjoy talking to others on the same route, learning about pitfalls to avoid or pleasantries along the way. Stretching myself beyond my comfort zone helps to keep me limber and not stiff. It's always good to learn new things that can help along the way, and even the most experienced of us can always learn something new, usually from someone more experienced and sometimes from someone less experienced. I love running, but it is definately more work than being a spectator. However, I am a stronger person because of running, I'm healthier, and happier as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home