Monday, December 20, 2004

tonight I celebrate my love for you

Apex, is a group of people that I call brothers and sisters. I love simply BEING with these people. Our gathering began with a song sung and played by a friend that I thought might have written it, until I asked his wife and learned that it was a Dave Matthew's song that I am obviously not familiar with. We sang a candlelit Silent Night together, and a friend of mine that I wish I knew better gave a rendition of the Bethlehem story set in a more modern day in Bethlehem, KY. There was an awesome set of songs sung that filled my heart with cheer, and they were sung by four gentlemen that I enjoyed worshiping with, and simply listening to, worshiping in reverence without making a sound myself, which is so unlike me. A friend read a poem that I enjoyed as much as I could absorb between loving on my children, but because he is my friend I know that I can ask if I could read it if he didn't post it in his blog site. As a family we made Christmas ornaments and decorations with our kids, while eating chili and cookies. I even got to try some yummy raspberry hot chocolate. I had the pleasure of meeting a family that joined us for the first time, of which I hope there will be more to come. I love to meet new people along the road, and hey even if they never come back maybe I or someone else's words that they heard tonight were encouraging and will have spurred them on. After we met as a larger group, a smaller group of my friends went and had dinner at BW2's. Our children that were able to eat for the most part on their own, sat at their own table right next to ours. Our hodgepodge (however you spell it) round-square-square-round conglomeration of tables held 13 of us. I was so excited to see a young couple, (I think I can call them that,) who were not able to go to the larger gathering, that joined us for dinner. Dinner, food wise was not much to talk about, but our server was descent and what mattered was the quality communion time I was able to share with my peeps. Yes, my peeps. I love you all, thank you for making the life God has blessed me with, not because I deserve it, but just because He loves me, so blessed!

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger The Hubbard Family said...

yes, i agree -- something about last night was very "right." it had serious spiritual moments, intense community moments, and some fun mixed in as well. for all the frustration and challenges we've faced as a community over the past few years, there is something about our family of families that i wouldn't trade for anything. last night i saw God's glory in our time together. i hope (and suspect) that last night was a foretaste of things to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home