Monday, December 27, 2004

Ginger, woman's best friend

I love my dog! Ginger is my dog's name. Did you ever wonder why some of the most loyal creatures we have on earth are dogs, and whoa, O.K. you've probably heard it before, but spell dog backwards. Ginger ran 10 miles with me today. She has run up to 7 miles with me before, but 10 was a long one for her and she was great. She spurred me on. When I was tired she ran faster, to make me feel really slow, and well it worked. I ended up doing the first half of my run today, the 10 miles she ran with me in less than 1 1/2 hrs. I was shooting for running my 20 today in less than 4 hrs, and I ended up finishing in 3:25:52. I really didn't push myself to any extreme and I feel pretty good other than the over stretched by my husband after my run muscles. Anyways, I finally registered for my marathon tonight, which I would really like to run, since I can NOT get a refund, and because I was trying to be cheap and get a coupon I missed out on the $70 registration and had to pay $80. Marathon running isn't cheap. I love running, but I fear that besides the creaking in my knees that I couldn't afford to run more. So, I will be running starting at 8 a.m. on Sunday, January 30th, from the Gold Strike in Jean to Sunset Park down the old highway.
I have to write about my blockbuster guy today. He rocks. Adam and I rent a lot of movies from blockbuster. There really aren't many movies worth seeing that we haven't and if you have a suggestion bring it on. Anyways, back to our blockbuster guy, he pulled two quarters out of his own pocket so my overpriviledged children could have a piece of bubble gum. I thought that was so sweet. He always remembers there names, and sents greetings to the other half when only one of us (either Adam or myself) are alone. He also shares his life with us. We are priviledged and enjoy the friendship we have with our blockbuster guy. I wonder if I have ever besides when Passion came out talked to him about my Father. I know the time will come, when it should happen, but I want to be sure that I am listening to my Father, for even the faint whisper, when there would be anyt hing He would ask of me. I should probably be praying for our blockbuster guy, and he does have a name, and I know it, Father please, be with Jon and if he does not know you, may I be a bright shining beacon in the darkness of this world that he would see your light in myself or my husband and know that we are here as his friends praying for him.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Gregg Stokes said...

Napoleon Dynamite is the most awesome movie ever.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger MrH said...

Thanks Greg, we did see Napolean Dynomite, and I thought it was awesome as well. I think that the idea of having that one someone out there, or in your life that believes in you is all you need. Even if I didn't have Adam I have a heavenly Father that believes in me, but I sure am glad that He gave me Adam. Adam is my Deb, minus the funny side pony tail, that sad to say I use to sport when I was, 10 or 12. I am a bit of a Napolean myself, where was Adam when I was in High school. I never got beat up, and seemed to have friends, including the Mexican kids that yes did actually wear those big belt buckles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home