Saturday, January 15, 2005

It's been 5 days

It's been five days since my last....O.K. since my last run. It's funny how different I feel about myself not having run in five days. I look different in the mirror and I am more down in the dumps. I went to the podiatrist after two days off, which in themselves seemed like an eternity. I was told that I fractured something near my pinky toe. There was a lot of inflamation around it as well. So, he pulled out a big long needle, which didn't make me queezy, until he told me he was going in and around my little toe. He injected me with cortizone, which is suppose to help with the inflamation. Now after 5 days without running there isn't much improvement. The doc said I should be off of it for 4-6 weeks. My marathon that I have been training for is in 3 weeks. I just paid for it 2 weeks ago, after finishing up my major build up mileage. After running my 20, which is the longest run I would do in training before my marathon, I registared figuring I was safe from injury. Little did I know. I am still hopeful that next week I might be able to continue running, but the chances are slim. I have been praying what feels like a selfish prayer for healing. I have trained so hard and as much as I love running it was a lot of work and time away from my family out on the roads on my long runs especially. If God has some other plan then so be it. I am still asking him though until I feel I have a definate answer. Hey, there's always next year right?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home