Sunday, January 09, 2005

1st X I'm creating a title after I blogged,Clarity through Parenting

Sebastian went to bed tonight with a sword and an axe. It's the same axe that he gave me to protect myself from bad guys with however I deemed possible, the other night. Maybe he needed to feel safe? Maybe mom and dad in the other room isn't enough. Maybe I should move Ginger, our ferocious dog's bed into their room at night. I know that I feel safe. I don't need Ginger. Heck, for safety I don't even need Adam, I know that I have a Father that watches over me. We try and instill this in our children. I think Victoria has it, but Sebastian is younger. He often says at night, "I scared," to which I reply, "You don't have to be scared daddy and I are in the other room and we love you and Ginger comes and checks on you all through the night and God is here with you." Someone once gave us a little figurine that has a saying, God is only a prayer away, and I try and remember to tell him to pray to God. I think life would be easier for all of us if we didn't let fear get in the way and just simply turned to God. I know He just wants to hear from me. I have been trying to memorize Psalm 5:3? Lets see, In the morning O Lord, you hear my voice, I lay my request before you and wait in expectation. I've been taking advantage of His grace and I often request all day long. I don't always get answers, but I know often I don't have all the answers for my kids, maybe the timings not right or maybe I want them to figure it out for themselves. I so love being a mom. It sure does answer a few of my questions, or at least make things more logical for me in my relationship with my heavenly Father. Not to say that He does things the way I would, but it makes sense to me and I know He would let me know if I were really off base. Hey, if I didn't quote Ps. 5:3 correctly, maybe it's Ps. 3:5. I'll have to check that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home