Thursday, January 06, 2005

My little Protector

My son just came into the room and handed me a tape measure, a balloon, and a plastic axe. He told me if the bad guy comes, you use the numbers (the tape measure) and the balloon, is your bomb, you can blow them up, the axe he told me how to hold it and then said you can do whatever you want with that. Then he kissed me on the nose and went to play house in the other room with Victoria.
When I came home from my run this morning, the kids were both up and excited to see me. They had a surprise for me, a dog and two bears wrapped up in a blanket. Adam said they had wanted to make me a cake as well, for my birthday, which really isn't until June. I love my kids. I had been listening to The Boy Called It, on audiobook, while I ran today and I just have to say I love my kids, and am going to work really hard at not yelling. I know it will be hard, because sometimes I get so upset and frustrated. However, I want to be as opposite of the kind of mother that David Pelzer had. I just don't understand how people can abuse children. :( I almost threw up about 4 different times, listening to the first couple of chapters of that book. If I do someday enter education as an occupation, I will aways remember this book, and I'm not even half-way through it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home