Saturday, January 15, 2005

My son the hero

Victoria just ran into my room and told me that she was really scared and that there was a spider, but Sebastian killed it for her. I asked Victoria, while Sebastian proudly walked through the door with a big grin on his face, "Sebastian is your hero?" Sebastian said, "I a super hero." Then,Victoria, sang his praises, "I think he knows how to hunt now, he got a rock and killed the spider and an ant. I was really scared and he wasn't scared at all." Now some might say, that poor spider and the innocent little ant, but if they had to sacrifice their lives to breathe destiny as a hero into my son, then there was honor in their death. My son saved his sister in her time of peril. I was proud and I know that it only binds them more closely together as brother and sister. It's funny how the brother is the protector even when he is often younger. I am the oldest of ten, but when I was in need of some protection or dating a new guy that my brothers thought I needed protection from they were right there on guard. Having a sister is like advanced, early training for being a husband, and I personally think it takes a little weight off dad, when he has sons to stand guard along side him.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Josiah loves bugs... he says "hi bug", gets real close, waves at the bug, then gets a blunt object and smashes it to death... "garbage" is his next word!

love reading stories about your sweet children!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home