Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hey, never try and outrun the cops. I use to watch cops when I was a kid, when we moved away from the desert, and it used to always seem to be about Vegas. Those Vegas cops were good. I'm sure that like cheese and fine wine, they have only gotten better with time. There sure seem to be a whole lot more of them than there use to be when I was a kid, and I lived in north town, for 4 years in front of a drug house. O.k. so it might not have been a drug house the entire 4 years, but I remember cops sitting in front of our house in an unmarked car watching the house across the street. Maybe, just maybe they were watching our house wondering what looney people lived inside and what kind of drugs we were cooking up that my parents were neither Catholic nor Latter Day saints,(they weren't widely known as mormons when I was a kid) in their early thirties, with 7 kids and only one income, eating government cheese, (which rocks!) living across the street from a drug house. I use to love that one commercial, "You can't get down, if you can't hear the sound!" I think that is the only time as a kid that I wished that I danced.(it was looked down upon by the religion I practiced as a child. I am glad I decided that not-dancing was not for me. I might be a funky white girl, but I sure do have fun trying to cut a rug, even if I do it more Amelia Bedelia style than lets say James Brown or his less criminal prototype Usher, (that boy can dance!) My daughter might have more of a chance than I did starting at an earlier age, and she wants to go to public school, maybe she'll learn some skills there. Hey, I attended public school in the 4th grade and they taught us to square dance. (that was 20 years ago, and being they were a little behind the times, maybe now they teach break dancing) I hope I make the right decision in either letting Victoria chose public school or deciding for her that she'll be home schooled. Where is Amy with Mliza, who my daughter thinks is so cool, and who also homeschools. I love all of our friends, their kids, and their choices to send their kids to public schools, but Adam was set on our homeschooling, and I was undecided, until a week ago, but now I am undecided again because she wants to be like all her friends and go to public school. She would also like to meet lots of new friends. How can I deny her hearts desire? Well, not today I couldn't it was her birthday, but it's over now HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, (that was an evil laugh, which doesn't translate without me writing, that was an evil laugh.)

3 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hey I might be a half-a-world away, but you can pick up the phone anytime and I'll be there. Just hang on, Maliza will be there in about 20 months!

If you homeschool Victoria will have more friends that she knows what to do with, and the best part is you get to choose who they are!

Miss ya,
Amy

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger MrH said...

Erin,
I am sorry you had to have that experience and if you enjoyed it I guess I'm glad you were able to enjoy it and that no one got hurt. My husband is a goofy guy sometimes, probably more often than I would like to know about:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home