Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Victoria and Sebastian, an awe and a haha

While we were home, my dad asked Victoria the one morning, "Are you Grandpa's pretty girl?" to which Victoria responed, "I'm pretty on the inside and that's what matters." My dad told me this a few days after the fact and I had to ask did she really say that. I guess the important stuff you want them to remember really sticks :)
Sebastian told me tonight that he was coloring a happy birthday for Sam's Club (that's Santa) He use to ask if Sam's Club was going to bring any presents. Can you tell where we spend a lot of our time?
While we were home Sebastian would ask can I go outside and play with my friends? (which were actually his aunts and uncles) Oh the freedom of being on 8 acres in the middle of DNR ( Wisconsin's BLM) land. After a few days he was still asking if he could go outside, but he would explore on his own and seemed so in his element. He didn't even care if it was cold. On the days he should have been wearing gloves, they didn't last long. He wanted to touch and feel the soil, the only place they have dirt like we have here is in the sand box. The kids helped my 8 year old sister turn soil for her own little garden, bordered by rocks, next to my mothers.
While doing the wash down in the basement, my mom heard a little voice yell down, I love you grandma! -Sebastian
Victoria loved holding her twin, year old cousins. She didn't fair as well on the colder days, but still made a valiant effort to brave the elements to get in some quality trampoline time. She was so loving and made my aunt who doesn't have children yet really feel that love and warmth she had to give.
I am so blessed to have such an awesome family in so many different ways, my nuclear family, my extended family, my super huge family in Vegas. As much as I would love to live in Wisconsin, I know I would long for Vegas if I left. However, it sure is nice to see family and enjoy the change of scenery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home