Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm Back

I have been back for a few days now and life is getting back to well, normal? I went home to Wisconsin for a few days, which my mother reminds me regularly, is one of the best paying states in the education field. I just learned this trip though that teachers recieve life long health insurance after retirement. Yah, the taxes are quite a bit higher there, but if I could just finish my dog-gone education I could be taking advantage of that perk some day. Anyways, while home we threw my mom an awesome suprize 50th birthday party. She had no idea, and what made the day even better was when my dad got down on one knee and asked my mom to marry him again. They are almost 32 years married and going strong. Yah, they've had their ups and downs, but they fight for what they have. I was just thinking, I have never seen a battle scene in a movie where comrads did not come out closer afterward and usually even the arch enemies learned a respect for their opponent. So, I am going to remember that. Adam and I are approaching our 7th year. We were married on my parents 25th anniversary, what a legacy my parents are living! Although Adam and I worked out most of our trials before we tied the knot, we might still have some bumps along the way. We have been smooth sailing thus far:) I am so thankful for an awesome partener. He was so different from anyone I dated and I am so glad, because we are so good together and so meant to be. I can't wait and yet I can wait until we've been married for 32+ years. I want to enjoy every minute of the days I am living now and then. Maybe some day our two beautiful children will be writing about the legacy we have lived for them, hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home