Saturday, August 06, 2005

Little House

Victoria chose as one of her two movies from the library this week, Little House On The Prairie. Though I haven't been sitting down and watching it, I reallize I am watching from an entirely new perspective than when I was a kid. I notice things I know I missed as a child. I notice the intense love that Mr. and Mrs. Ingals (however you spell it) share. I watch the way Mrs. Ingals caresses her husbands face after she gets him supper that she slaves over and he falls asleep while she's doing it. On the other hand he is just exhausted from trying to provide for is family. (Surprisingly for a television show much harder than the Oregon Trail computer game I played as a child, where I played the role of the father/hunter/provider/protector.) They both try and protect each other from worry by not being quick to tell of visiting Indians, which they were afraid of or wild dogs/wolves they were attacked by. I see how young and innocent Laura and her sisters are looking at them as a mother with my own children. I am leary of the single man who helps them build their first cabin, and who they later have to sadly say goodbye to. Mrs. Inglals was not so trusting of him right away either. It's kind of sad, but quite an adventure to experience this show again. I am glad she checked out this video!

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

My kids have been watching Little House on the Prairie a lot this summer. They both really enjoy them!!!!! If only there were more shows like that...............

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger doug said...

My girls have also been watching LHOTP ,the scene I walked in on the dad was working in a rock quary and his buddy was waveing at him from atop some rocks when he was sudenly engulfed in an explosion,dead. Shuch a sweet old show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home