Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Two days ago my children and I were doing some extensive shopping with a $20 gift card I had received for my birthday. Actually, I was trying to figure out what to spend it on and food shopping while I did. (Yes, we were at Walmart) I don't love Walmart, but it's hard to beat the convenience. Anyways, while I pushed the cart, Victoria looked at me and asked, "What the hell is on my finger?" I'm not sure where this phrase came from. I mean I don't know where she picked it up. I don't think I use that phrase. I am more of the in shock "Oh, crap," kind of user, which I am trying to tone down. It's funny how something I hear come out of someone else's mouth or from the boob tube (that's T.V. for you who are confused) doesn't really stand out until it comes out of the mouth of the 5 year old that God has entrusted in my care. I told her we don't really say that, it's not very nice. "Why?" she asked. I guess I didn't really answer her question, I simply replied, "You can simply just ask, What's on my finger." Now what it was that was on her finger? I don't really remember, dog gone it we were at Walmart, in a germ infested shopping cart, walking up and down isles with women with perfect hair and coordinated outfits and with men who smelled a bit rancid who I am lucky were wearing clothes. I can't remember if she asked this question before or after I let them eat bananas, yes inside the germ infested shopping cart.

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Maybe she's been talking to Eliza. Eliza came in to the living room the other night with her hands on her hip and said, "Where the hell is Jake." I wasn't looking right at her at the time so I said, "what did you say, sweetie?" And she said it again. So I simply said, "I don't know where Jake is, and that is not the proper use of the word hell. Hell is a place and it's ok to say if we are talking about the place but not ok to use it any other way." I was very good and held it together until she walked out of the room...then I about busted a gut laughing. Kids these days........

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger hisheidi said...

Amy,
That is hysterical...

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Summer started using the term "oh nuts" (which I just don't care for.........), so I told her she could say "oh pickles" instead. Now all the other neighborhood girls say "oh pickles". Loved your stories Michelle & Amy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home