Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wisconsin, or am I meant to keep on melting here or in Africa?

I have some friends with whom I was not able to have directly in my life for very long, but whose impact has been immense!!! My friends are prepaired to journey to Africa to allow God the freedom to control their health, finances, and well everything. They have been called to go to a foreign (I think third world) country to live and work among the poor people in Africa. I don't think either of their parents were missionaries or ministers. It just seems to be so uncommon, but cool that they would be called and not flee to Vegas (our Ninevah) maybe for good. Maybe I live a sheltered life. I guess I know others around my age who have answered God's call. I know I haven't heard the call to go to a foreign land. Heck, the land I live in is foreign enough for me. This world is not MY home I'm just a passin' through. I just want to be available and listening so I don't miss any direction. I'm sure that God would not simply whisper in my ear if I wasn't hearing, but I hope He wouldn't have to use a megaphone! I just keep truckin' away at the call I have to be a devoted wife and mother and be a part of the lives around me where God can make a difference and hopefully there is more of him shining out of me than me. Although, I do like to be shiny! Maybe I just think it's me being shiny and it's not me alone, but I just can't separate my life, from my life with God. What an awesome concept, which I guess if I think about it is true beyond anything I can control. My friends who will journey to Africa are Kevin and Charity Linderman. They have a son, Josiah, and are expecting in December. If you'd like to read more from up and coming missionaries to Africa check them out at mwanza.blogspot.com.
Adam just instant messaged me (which doesn't sound proper) that he was having a tough week. He can't wait to get out of town. We are going to Zion in Utah for the weekend with a group of people we love. I can't wait to get out of town either, and the song leavin' on a jet plane popped into my head. Being I had just finished the instant message coversation with my friends on their way to Africa I made suggestion that we could join them. Adam said and I quote, "No Wat." He was so flabergasted by my suggestion that he typed a "T" instead of a "y" Then he said, "Wisconsin or bust." Boy does my man know how to make me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home