Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Nanny, Wife swap, and other such nonsense

O.K. I will admit that I do on occasion watch this nonsense on television, like Nanny(not Fran) and Wife Swap. Sometimes I even learn something. I learned from an episode of Wife Swap that I am SOOOOOOOooooo...glad that I am a stay at home mom. I have the luxury of time that a lot of other moms do not have. I love the fact that if Victoria wants her hair braided that I can sit down and do it. This morning it was only she and I awake. I had to wake her up twice the second time after I fell asleep on the toilet. I was so tired and really wanted to crawl back into bed next to my peacefully sleeping husband. However, I made myself go in and wake her up again. She really wasn't dirty at all, but tangles are so much easier to deal with in freshly washed hair. I ended up helping her wash her hair. We made pancakes, and she chose to eat carrots with her pancakes. I poured maple syrup on them and made smoothies when I heard the shower going knowing that Adam was up. We got all the tangles out and put her hair up in her choice hairstyle for the day (a pony tail, the low one). I love my life and appreciate the fact that God has provided my husband with a job that allows for me to be home with my children. I am only twenty,ten (thirty) and I have a lot of life ahead of me. Although I would someday like to finish my degree and teach, I know I'll only be 46 when our children are 20 and hopefully in college. Maybe I could knock out my education slowly when both of our kids are in full day school if that is the direction we end up going with their education. I guess I could sub until they're out of the house, and maybe teaching isn't God's plan for me. Who knows. I figure one day at a time. Today Victoria went to school and I spent some one on one with Sebastian. We'll pick Victoria up from school, hit the Walmart for material for her costume, and some odds and ends. Then cross the street hopefully without any difficulty with the flooding I'm sure is out there since our city is built in a desert with poor drainage systems. Heck, who expects it to rain more than half an inch in less than 12 hours in the desert. When we successfully cross that street I mentioned earlier we will stop at Michael's and Bath and Body Works to help contribute to a gift basket to be raffeled off this Friday at Victoria's first Fall Festival, with cake walks and all. Yes, I am baking a cake, but that's not until Thursday night. Tonight will be comprised of sewing, eating out with a gift certificate, fixing my brothers' birthday presents, and some bill paying. I'll probably fold the last of the laundry I didn't finish yesterday, walk to avoid the injury I feel coming on, stretch with come pilates, and either watch a movie or play a game with my family, which will become one less this Saturday when we take Beth to the airport. I sure have enjoyed having my sister here and will sure miss her when she goes home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home