Friday, October 07, 2005

Let up already!

I was feeling a bit burned out with my training this week. It's good my sister is here. Although I wish she would have brought her shoes, I am glad she is here to encourage me and kick me out the door! I received an email from the marathon training schedule planner today and due to some over-use injuries popping up our long runs on Sunday are being revised. Yahoo! Although I always feel good running them, I know they affect my mid-week runs. I had almost felt a tinge of shin splints coming on. However, after making the decision last night to go back to last years training schedule and taking advantage of an extra rest day today's 8 mile run went well. I was just a little hot. Boy you run in 100 degree weather all day and suddenly you get a break in the weather, then back to the high 80's and I am dying???!!!! Anyways, I ran out of water. I was glad to read yesterday that there will be water stations every mile and not every two for the marathon. At least that way there will be a face to look forward to every mile marker and maybe I won't have to carry water :) Well, I better go shower. My sister read a magazine on the plane about how the bacteria after you work out triples every so many minutes making one more prone to infection. Yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home