Saturday, October 29, 2005

Recognized As A Runner

The other day I went to pick Victoria up at school and her teacher asked me if I was a professional runner. Really it was probably because of all the running themed t-shirts that I have been sporting lately, but it was nice to hear asked of me. I answered honestly, "No, I am by no means professional, but I do love to run." I have been running a lot lately and some weeks I feel like maybe it's just a bit much, but I usually do it anyways. However, I have been cutting out one run almost every week. It's usually a 6 or a 4 miler. I figure that running 4 days a week and having a pilates day is probably enough training. I just don't want to get burned out. As it is I think that after the marathon that I will run, God willing. I might, if I can ween myself off of running go back to walking. I do love to run, but maybe I'm just addicted to the miles. It is nice to get through the miles faster while running vs. walking though. I do know though that running isn't very good for a woman's body. We just aren't built to be taking on all that strain on our joints :( My knees feel the miles I have been accumulating as of late. Tonight we took our kids to King's Fair at Canyon Ridge Christian Church. On our way out, after a very delightful evening with my sister-in-law and her husband, as well as moments spent with a plethura of friends I was crossing a short span of river rocks in my platform clogs and grabbed Adam's arm which I have in the past refused so often that he seldom offers it anymore. I need the stability of my spouse to keep me safe and make me feel secure crossing the river of rocks. I said to him, "Can you imagine all my training down the tube because I sprain my ankle in silly shoes crossing these rocks. People would ask about the marathon and I'd have to say, Well, this year..." I hope I am able to run this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home