Saturday, October 29, 2005

My daughter is only 5

Wednesday morning my daughter woke up and said mommy I have to write Jake a letter. She told me that she had to let him know that it doesn't matter who he marries. "If he wants to marry Emma or someone else that's O.K." she said. She went on to say that if he wanted to marry her that would be O.K. too. There was such urgancy in her voice and it was almost unsettling. I don't know if she had some crazy dream or what. I had told a friend about this and she said I don't know that I would be so cool about it(someone else marrying her prince charming), you see although she is only 5 she thinks she is going to marry Jake and by no encouragement or discouragement by us. Lately though I try and remind her that she is only 5 and there is a lot of time to decide who she'll marry. She still seems pretty set on Jake though.
The day before she told me that when she grows up and has kids that she would like to name one of them Michelle. I didn't say anything except thank you. She had told me a few weeks ago that she was going to name one of her kids Mrs. Bayer (which is her kindergarten teacher's name) to be put in the same ranks as Mrs. Bayer means a lot to me. I don't know that if I had homeschooled her (no reflection on any other homeschoolers, just myself and who I am and how I interact with my children) that I would have been payed the same compliment. I love my children and it's nice to know that while I know they love me that they like me as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home