Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Job and my two lessons this weekend.

My husand, myself and our children joined some friends in Zion this last weekend. We had a wonderful, relaxed weekend. Someone shared the story of Job with all of us. In the story Job had 3 daughters and 7 sons. The story teller had mentioned afterwards that he ended gearing it more towards the kids, which I think was fabulous. It's not like we can't learn adult lessons from children's stories. I looked at my own life and think what do I have to be upset about most of the time. I get so flustered and my lot isn't even a fraction of the terrible that Job must have gone through. I need to remember that! I've watched our kids a lot this weekend and friends have redirected my attention when I have lost sight and almost missed something I wouldn't want to have missed. At one point this weekend, our son, Sebastian was feeding his friend, Loredana, Cheetos. One at a time, it was stinkin' adorable! I missed this part, but I guess he was making chomping noises and she held his face with both hands and gave him a scolding that you would expect of a girlfriend or wife. Mind you these two kids are only four, but I wanted to write about this. You just never know what the future may hold, and wouldn't it be awesome to share this story with them in 20 years. Maybe as they are marrying another or possibly each other. They are both the sweetest kids. Really, we had 16 kids in the cabin this weekend and none of them got out of hand. They are all such well behaved children! I am thankful for good friends, good times, and well behaved children, which I believe is a direct result of the love their parents have for them, even in the tough decisions! I had to make one of those. On our way up the hill to the swing that swoops out over the ledge, Sebastian was warned that if he whined one more time about going first that he would not only not get to swing first, but that we would go back down the hill and he wouldn't swing at all. Unfortunately, he did it, he crossed the line from which you can not go back and I had to stick to my guns and turn him away from the swing and head back to the cabin. IT SUCKED! Discipline is not easy to receive, but I think it's even harder to give sometimes. Knowing that I hadn't had a scare on the swing yet, Adam, doubled back and took my place as the disciplinarian. I continued up the hill with our friends. In a few minutes, Adam and Sebastian could be seen coming our direction. I commented to a friend about how Daddy sure was nice and the friend said something about how we don't always get what we deserve. Another lesson for me. Adam had, had a talk with him and showed him undeserved mercy. When it cam etime for Sebastian to swing, he was scared and didn't end up swinging anyways. After the swing we all headed down and took a ride in one of the boats together. Adam admitted that he really like the paddle boats. Maybe someday I'll live on a lake and we will have to get one, I really like them too. I'm not sure if I like them more than the canoes, but then if I'm buying property on a lake, I could probably have one of each. One day work my legs in the paddle boat, and the other work my arms in the canoe. What a life that would be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home