Monday, May 01, 2006

I'd say I'm a Peach.

A friend and I are reading a book together titled, Fruit of the Spirit. In our reading I decided to put myself in a peach catagory. I'm sometimes sweet, I bruise easily and rot quickly. I'm pretty fuzzy too. I do love peaches! I have a coconut friend and several other fruity varieties. Some friends are harder to read. This same book asked what layers you would want to peel off to be a fruit more like the fruit of the Spirit. I looked at myself and admitted that I do get easily offended and put up defensive walls to protect myself. I am working on this, actually God is working on it in me. The book asked the question, "What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid?" I couldn't answer that question. I don't know for sure that I could answer that question even now. I would like to teach, but I am a mom first and foremost and I know that being a mom is the most important thing God had in store for me. My marriage is an important base for being a mom, and the love that Adam and I share is one of the best things that I can demonstrate for my kids. So, even when my kids say oooh, yuck when we kiss I'd rather that they see it than not. Maybe they can grow up and be blessed to have someone who loves them as much as I know Adam loves me and know what it is to love someone so much that you cry when you read about husbands and wives being separated in Uncle Tom's Cabin, when they are old enough to read it, even if they are mooshy gooshy peaches like their momma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home