Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Not enough of a good thing

I came across some little notecards the other day that said, "There's never too much of a good thing." Although I don't agree with this statement in all situations, last night I found myself wanting more of a good thing. Adam had put on a cologne that I know we cannot buy anymore. It was made by Bath and Body Works, Bergamot Coriander. It smelled so good and I just try and savor the scent. We watched a movie that I do not want to savor, Brokeback Mountain. I have a hard time watching cheaters, and that's all I have to say about that. That movie made me sad. I don't think it was worthy of all the awards it won. It was O.K. The scenery was beautiful, but it was hard to see what was always going on and hard to hear. It was not some end all be all love story that even made me feel something for the lead characters. It was a lot of supporting characters being betrayed by the 2 leads that were not very honest. I kind of wished I hadn't watched it at all. I am not against people who make decisions that make their lives miserable, but it is really hard to watch it in the movies and even harder in real life. May God continue to bless the lives and marriages of those I love and may He work in the lives of those who make vows to love, honor and cherish and don't honor those vows. I am so greatful that the love Adam and I share is not something that runs out or has to be bought. It seems the more we give the more loves there is to give and recieve. It's something replenishable that we can never have too much, though I will do my best to always cherish what I have.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thank you Michelle. I have been wanting to see that movie and now that I read your blog I know I would feel the same way so I wont. It is amasing how many movies are about betrayal... It so wonderful to watch you and Adam together, you are so much in love and committed to each other that it is a blessing to see.. May God be with you and your marriage always.. With much Love, Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home