Friday, February 17, 2006

The Fonz and Suzie Homemaker

No, I'm not talking about Adam and I although in a twisted perseption, I guess the titles could apply. Last night I walked into the living room to find Victoria with 8 little piles of clothes, neatly folded, even the really hard to fold things like Adam's dress shirts that I ordinarily just hang, she had folded. She was working on the last item of clothing and said, "I wanted to be all done and for it to be a surprize." I was suprized! I hadn't asked for her help, but she on her own went and found clean, unfolded laundry in the dryer that had been in there for a few days. I couldn't believe it and for a 5 year old, she did an amazing job. Later that evening she chose from her own cookbooks dinner and desert. Both recipees were fabulous! I prepaired them with Victoria's help, but she made the sacrifice to play little cars with her brother instead :)
Now this is going back a few days, but I was crocheting or working on stuff for Victoria's teacher, when I heard some snapping. It was only the kids and I so I knew it was Sebastian, since Victoria hasn't picked up on snapping yet. I looked up to watch him spin the wheels of his overturned Tonka truck that was obviously in disrepair and he was snapping. When I inquired as to the reason for the snapping, he told me he was trying to fix his truck. Wow! I don't even remember the Fonz actually performing any actual car repairs with his snap, maybe a light switch or juke box. My son must really have it goin' on. He is adorable and pretty smooth with the ladies (O.K. so they're technically little girls, he is only 3 going on 4) What's best about Sebastian is that he is so sweet! His insides obviously pour out of him. He is such a little gentleman. I hope he never changes. He holds doors for me, he'll usually let even his sister "go first" you know "ladies first" and last night at dinner he set out all the silverware, mind you we were eating finger handled burritos, but we did all end up using our spoons.
I love my kids!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger doug said...

was he tryin to do the Mary Popins thing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home