Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm excited and it's all about the kids!

I am so excited to work with the kids at our next gathering of house churches. I have an awesome partner in crime that I will enjoy spending time with, we have a plan, and I know we'll have a bunch of excited kids, just because they are having class. We (my partner and I) are planning lessons, memory verses, and definately some activity. I can't wait! I truly love to prepair and watch a plan go into action. I really enjoy working with kids as well. I picked up magnets, and some I.D. tags that we're planning on using for their monthly memory verse. I am excited just to put them together, but I want to wait and do it with my partner. She in conversing through email, mentioned, as we are talking about being thankful and friendship, a woman in history who was thankful for head lice. We both read of the woman's discomfort in a book titled, The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom. I can't remember why she was thankful for the head lice, but I do remember finding it odd. How amazing is that being thankful for head lice! I never got it, but I had to use RIT once, because my brothers got it at school. I had long hair that reached down the length of my back. RIT was not fun, with it's foul smell and teeny tiny Barbie sized comb. I know I read, The Hiding Place around the same time. I was thinking that book probably had a big impact on how I live my life. It was a great book of work camps and contentment even in suffering, for me to read in my preteen years. I still try and keep my head up and well, I try and that's a big try, because it's not always easy to help people. It's funny how many people don't even want help. Then there are those that always have an outstretched arm, with whom my problem rests. I know that I just need to lend a hand whenever I can, and it doesn't matter whether the recipient is deserving. I am not doing it for a thank you, but rather because I find joy it, and I can't let a few bad seeds ruin my joy. No one can make my moods or ruin my day unless I allow them to. It's amazing how different perspective can shed a bright light on a dark area.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad there are people like you who get excited about working with kids. It's pretty funny that I homeschool, because I really don't enjoy doing things like teaching Sunday School. Maybe I don't like teaching it because I homeschool all week...anyway. Thank you!

PS She was thankful for the lice because it kept the guards away and she could share the gospel with the other women and they could read their Bibles without getting caught.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home