Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Two Tommys for the sweetest little girl I know!

Victoria was reading one of her little books and there was a Tom in the story. She said, "Grandpa's name is Tom, but his real name is Tommy, I have two Tommys." It warmed my heart that she was excited about "having" two Tommys, one of which is not family by blood, but in Victoria's eyes just as much a part of her family as her grandpa.
After reading to Victoria tonight she was journalling and I had to get her my booklight so she could continue after I turn the light out for Sebastian. She wanted me to see after she was done and she'd written, My best Mom, and drew a picture. After she'd fallen asleep, I went to turn out the booklight that she'd already turned off and closed up. I wanted to see her journal page that she'd already shown me. I felt a little weird about opening up her journal, but it is a journal, not a diary, and she is only 5. Anyways, upon turning to the afore mentioned page, I noticed some revisions. She had added to My best Mom...and Dad and drew a picture of him right next to me and there was a heart between us. I am glad that my children recognize the love between their parents. May they be as fortunate in love as I!

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Your blog brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet little girl Victoria is. I keep your family Christmas picture up on my refrigerator and it has made me miss my home in Vegas. I have to admit I feel a little homesick sometimes. Love you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home