Wednesday, January 04, 2006

$7.31

I took my children to McDonalds for a 1 o'clock lunch today. They were so good, while I ran errands after picking Victoria up from school. I knew they were hungry and so 2 errands from the end I told them we would go to McDonalds. I had to stop home and grab my latest crochet project, and grab some extra change. O.K. I have already seen Super Size me, and yes we still on a rare occasion eat at McDonalds. My children have slid into peepee puddles, and yet we still go back for more, after immediate evacuation and several weeks of boycotting. You just can't beat it! We stayed and played through the comings and goings of three different families. Victoria made friends with at least one child from each family, and Sebastian was feared by all. (He was the monster most of the day, until I heard his low down blues song about no one wants to play with me. I guess nobody enjoys being the outcast even if they put themselves in that position, at least not for very long.
I ordered them each a hamburger, with Cheese for Sebastian and without for Victoria. Now Sebastian isn't some super cheesehead like his momma, but for a few cents more you could get a double cheeseburger vs. a simple hamburger, so we shared. We ordered one $.99 medium french/freedom fry and a drink to share which we added no ice to and refilled only once. When they were done eating and got in a play break we ordered 2 soft serve icecream cones. In total we spent a mere $7.31 for more than 2 hours of entertainment and that included lunch! What a bargain, yes, a bargain for me. I sat and crocheted and laughed at the funny things our kids would say with the other parents. Really it was an enjoyable afternoon! By the time we were done they were wiped out and although they didn't take a nap they sat and watched a movie, peacefully other than the giggles. I never knew Lion King was so funny!

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger doug said...

I always cracks me up when Mufasa Dies.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I must say that's much cheaper than the $80 it cost us a few months ago at McDonalds in Reykjavik.

It's really too bad places like Baja Fresh don't have play places. We should open up a fresh food play place. Something like a Jason's Deli with a playground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home