Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Baby Girl

Last night Victoria wanted me to hold her like a baby, which I realized when she asked that she hadn't asked that of me for a month or two, so I quickly scooped her up! I wrapped her in her Strawberry Shortcake blanket and held her. On my way to the rocking chair in the living room in front of the Christmas tree lit up with all the pretty white lights, she asked me to rock her in the rocking chair. I told her that was exactly what I was about to do. As I rocked her I sang this little medley I sang as a special at church once that begins with "I Come To The Garden Alone." When the medley came to an end she didn't seem at all sleepy and with a sweet voice and a longing I rarely hear from her, Victoria asked me to sing it again. I was so happy! My grandma used to sing "I Come To The Garden" to me while she held me close and rocked me. With tears welling up in my eyes I sang and fought them falling and regained my composure before "And He Walks With Me." Before I finished I reallized that she had fallen fast asleep. I have noted to myself before that there is nothing better than holding someone close as they fall asleep and when you lull them to sleep with music that God has provided you with lyrically, vocally, instrumentally however it spills out, what a blessing. After she fell asleep I hummed "Lullaby" to her and then rocked silently watching her sleep for a while. She is so precious! Thank you God for such a wonderful blessing like children. Even at 5 she is my baby girl and always will be!

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Jenn Clark said...

Michelle, It's so funny how we treasure moments like the one you had with Victoria. I love it when Abbie comes and wants to just sit with me. I don't always have the chance to just sit with her because usually I have Sophia in my lap, but when the moments right I take it. Thanks for sharing your moment with us. Jenn Clark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home