Sunday, November 13, 2005

One More Time

Last night Sebastian in his most adorable 3 year old voice asked me at least 7 times, "One more time?" I had been picking him up and throwing him down onto a love sack. I am so thankful for those moments. I am thankful for two beautiful, healthy, fun children! I am also thankful for the t-shirt I ran by at least 4 times this morning during the pre-test for my marathon, which read, "ONE MORE MILE." Although I had plenty more than one more mile each time I read it, it reminded me to take it one mile at a time. Yes, 20 seems hard. I'd only run 20 one other time in my life, but when you just think one more mile before you know it you've actually run past the 20 and done an extra half mile. I am excited for marathon day! I will finally get to run one and I will be able to stay up late and hang out with my friends again, who are feeling neglected. After pizza and 2 margaritas from a yummy machine, with strawberry sryup I did learn that I need to be totally hydrated and eat a good carb full meal before the actual marathon. Now I need to go prepair to help with a triathalon, which will keep me from hanging with my friends yet another night :( , but it will be good encouragement to some athletes who will be running a marathon after biking 112 miles after swimming 2 1/2 miles. Now those are some CRAZY people!

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Your dedication is an inspiration to us all. You've even got other people, who haven't trained, planning to run with you. We are all proud of you-even if you have to neglect us.
"Eyes on the prize, sweetheart. Eyes on the prize."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home