Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Friends' Influence

Victoria has asked each day for 3 days in a row now if she could watch Star Wars. She has watched and asked questions after each episode. She was upset when Luke went to the dark side, and was so excited when Darth Vader showed signs of the goodness that was inside of him. Why the Star Wars kick? Maybe it was spending the night at her girlfriends house, whose parents room decor consists of a very tasteful, everything Star Wars. I figure they are curious about something so obviously interesting to their friends parents, who are of coarse much cooler than their own. I can imagine Victoria thinking, "What makes their parents different from ours? Could it have something to do with Star Wars?" Now I guess she must have her answer.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger doug said...

Luke went to the dark side?

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger tommy said...

I dont remember Luke ever going to the dark side. Maybe you are talking about a different movie. Or maybe she is just confused. You see, The Emperor wanted Luke to go to the dark side but Luke wouldnt do it. "You've failed your highness. I am a jedi. Like my father before me" is what Luke tells hims. To which the Emperor replies, "So be it. Jedi" and then he zaps him with force lightning. Remember? Is this the same movie? Maybe she is talking about a different movie. Go ask her. Go on..................what did she say? Was it Star Wars? I think it must have been a different movie. He clearly doesnt go to the dark side. Maybe she is talking about when Luke goes into the dark cave on Degobah in "The Empire Strikes Back". In the cave he sees a vision of darth vader and he cuts his head off with his lightsaber and the helmet explodes and Luke sees his own face in it. I could see how a child could maybe sorta construe that as Luke going to the dark side even though thtas not what is happening. Go ask her if thats what she meant.........that was it it huh? Yes? Anyway. Maybe she was talking about a different movie. That must be it. Oh well. Kids will be kids.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger MrH said...

O.K. so I wasn't watching it with her, but I thought that maybe I might have remembered him pretending to go to the dark side.
Maybe I too easily let my imagination run wild when I walked by the television and Luke was wearing black standing near what I thought was darth vader. Maybe he always wears all black and I never noticed. Again I wasn't watching, I was just answering questions. She didn't say he stayed with the dark side, and I thought it was maybe episode 2, now I am going to have to sit down after Christmas of coarse and watch them again, so I can talk to Victoria about what I know and not what I assume, or maybe when she has questions about Star Wars I should send her to one of the experts I know. I am a mere fan from 15 years ago or whenever it was that I last sat down and watched and enjoyed, but obviously didn't soak in one of the GREATEST MOVIES of all time!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Who are those nerds who know so much about Star Wars?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home