Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Belief-O-Matic is not responsible for my soul.

I used the belief-o-matic today. They stated as a warning that the belief-o-matic is not responsible for your soul. However, I took belief-o-matics little quiz and it aligned my beliefs most closely with the orthodox quaker, maybe I should move to Ohio or Pennsylvania, California has a lot of quakers as well, but it's too darn expensive. Maybe I should start a quaker group right in my own community. Maybe I'm already part of one without calling it that. In reading their description it did mention that they meet on a quaterly or monthly basis. :) They can have organized services like with a pastor or meetings where they sit in silence until someone has something to share. O.K. I'M NOT REALLY THINKING ABOUT ANY KIND OF CONVERSION OR ANYTHING, BUT I DID FIND THIS INTERESTING! I also find it interesting that a friend with whom I am sharing my journey, took this quiz and had the same orthodox quaker result. I read their entire, brief description of an orthodox quaker and although the idea of an inner light sounds a little freaky I can't say that if I thought about it I would disagree. The Holy Spirit lives within me and who's to say that the Holy Spirit isn't an inner light? The Bible does talk about light in reference to God. I know there is nothing I can do to save my own soul, but that God offers me the free (that means no works requirements attatched) salvation, through his son, who in his oneness with God died for my sin, and rose again defeating death. I believe that we (as humans) will all stand before our creator and be judged. I am confident that God's word is ultimate truth and it tells me in John 10:28 "I (Jesus) give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father (God), who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
As for how this affects the way I live my life...Matthew 28 says to go, baptize, teach, and how do we teach other than through example of obedience ourselves. I have always loved people and I do my best (though I am far from perfect in any sense) to love those that aren't as easily loved and everytime I have given way to doing so, (loving those who aren't easy to love) I have found such warmth and love returned that it's unexplainable. If I love my neighbor, I am not going to try and hurt him or steal from him or do him any wrong. And if he has different ideas of how to live life, that is between him and the creator. I can only live the life God has blessed me with and try and love my unlovable neighbors as well as the ones that I love without thought. I know I am loved. I see it and feel it wrap around me like a warm blanket fresh out of the dryer, the ones that smell snuggly fresh and for the love I am able to give and receive I am greatful and peacefully content!
To see where belief-o-matic places you visit: www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html , but consider yourself warned neither belief-o-matic nor I will claim responsiblity for your soul! ;)

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger tommy said...

I scored 100% Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home