Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yesterday Sebastian, my only son grew up so much that I almost cried. He hasn't been my baby for a long time, though he'll always be my baby boy, in the same way that Victoria will always be my baby girl. God blessed Adam and I with 2 children, one girl and one boy. They are both happy, healthy children, for which I am so greatful. Yesterday, Sebastian got what many may consider his first hair cut. (though it has been cut many times before!) We have, yes even at his young age left the decision about how his hair should look up to him. He didn't want it cut for a while and it got longer than some of his little girl friends of the same age, then he wanted it a little shorter, but not too short. However, yesterday he told us that he wanted his hair like daddy's. So, they got out the buzzer, which scared me a little and started using numbers to describe the type of cut he would receive. Thank goodness Adam was there with me or I would have been lost, almost as lost as the first time I tried helping Sebastian pee standing up. They should train mom's for that, seriously! I still don't really have that one down, but it's O.K. because today, the day after his big haircut he stood up in front of a public restroom toilet and peed like a little man. He didn't have to have help with his snap on his pants either, because that's something else he just started doing today. He figured out how to snap them alone, and when I had to take he and another little boy to the bathroom he was so proud he showed his little friend how he could do it all by himself. The other little boy lifted his shirt to his belly button and then tried to snap his own pants as well. Sebastian was very encouraging and although the other little boy didn't quite get it he gave it a valiant effort and Sebastian told him to keep trying. I am so proud of my little guy. He is a gentleman to his mom and usually to his sister. He is a ladies man like his daddy. He is the most adorable, handsome, little almost 4 year old you ever did see, and with his new haircut his eyes pop out more than ever. He needs no assistance in the restroom except when we're out and he can't reach the soap, or at least reach it with the pressure to pump it. He makes friends quickly, and reaches out to the down trodden. When I want a kiss he tells me, "Do that sad face," before he gives me one. He is so grown up and yet he's not even 4 yet. He has been learning Bible verses, and to hear him say verses about God making everything beautiful, makes me smile as I picture him as one of God's works of art with audio, my beautiful boy inside and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home