Monday, March 06, 2006

Wanting, but greatful or grateful? Whichever, she's content!

My baby girl will be 6 tomorrow. She is even more excited than when she turned 5. I am excited as well, and shocked that my baby is turning 6. With her "Oh, my dear"s and all her talk about who she'll marry and her exasperation of love possibly lost before it evan began she in some ways seems even more grown up than she is, and yet there is the little girl that longs for a doll so deeply that she expressed her desire in these words, "If I don't get an American doll, I'm going to die." I told her I'd like to see that one play out, because I assured her that doll or no doll she would be just fine! We talked about getting her the (if you ask my opinion outlandishly expensive) American doll, but after careful consideration decided that we would get a knock off brand that is only 25% of the cost and if she really gets into dolls and plays with her doll a lot then we would get her the higher quality doll. However, without any knowledge of our conversation, Victoria, came up to me and said mommy you could get me the American girl doll or the one at Target would be O.K. too. I had last week taken her to see the knock offs at both Michaels and Target. Michael's did have cuter clothes, but Target's doll seems to appeal more to Victoria at least. I am so greatful for a daughter who is content with what she is given. She has never been really into dolls, but seems to think she would really like one, so we'll see. She once wanted more than anything, a guitar with a stick, whose novelty I hope fires up again after it's quick extinguishing shortly after Christmas last year. It's a good thing we did the test run with a violin rental then, and I'm glad we're taking the less expensive doll out for a spin this time as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home