Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Time to smell the roses again!

Well, Shotsie's roses are in full bloom again. Less than a month ago it seems was pruning time. I watched the roses get cut back to frighteningly ugly stubs. Every week more and more green leaves grew. Then one day there were buds, and days later beautiful, sweet smelling roses. These are the kind that you stop to smell in the middle of an important run. I gave other roses a chance to compete this year, and yet Shotsie's roses outshone them all. Really I guess they really aren't Shotsie's roses. It's her husband that cares for them, though they may have been planted for her and being cared for out of love for Shotsie, at least that's the romantic spin I'm taking. When I breathe in their aroma, I swear that I have a renewed energy, and the last tenth of a mile home I float. My mansion is going to have beautiful scented roses. The kind that you can smell on a slightly humid day from a hundred feet away. I don't have roses in our yard, but last night walking a friend to her car, I was able to appreciate the scent that stirred as I walked out our front door, from our rosemary bush and the other blooming desert landscape plants. I am so thankful for the color and smell that I can appreciate in my own yard as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home