Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Catch up

Dare I admit to it? I will be a, "willing to step down at any moment," PTA president. I hope all goes smoothly! We have 5 more nights to sleep before the marathon. Yes, there are six nights, but I really probably won't sleep much on Saturday. I am mucho excited and pretty nervous. This will be my 3rd trained for, 2nd run marathon. I missed one due to injury 3 weeks before the race. I would love to run even a second faster than I did the last one. We'll see though. Adam and I have some pre-race strategy, but we often deviate from plans.
We had a family night the other day and we bought an air popper. Heidi had asked if we ate air popped popcorn and I had to reply with a negative, because we either pop it in a pan with oil or eat microwaved popcorn. I love air popped popcorn, and so created the means to eat it. Sebastian laughed so hard as the popcorn built up and then poured out of the shoot. I decided that his laughter was worth every penny I paid for the over-priced air popper (because I bought it at Smiths.) We also had rootbeer floats, and all shared one large Hershey bar. We played games, including hide and seek. We each took our turn counting to 10, and then we had a girls hiding and counting team and a boys. We watched Bambi 2 and Aeonflux (I don't know if I spelled that correctly?). We had a nice evening. Funny, Adam and I were suppose to have a date night, but I decided we should stay home as a family, because our family time kind of got pushed out of the schedule and replaced by work. Adam's job is a take it while you can get it, and Saturday he took it and today, on Memorial Day, he woke up and decided he would take the day off since his schedule was free, but then he ended up writing 2 offers! We had a nice dinner together though it was late it was awesome, and not just the not so warm food. I'd trade a hot meal for the conversation that we enjoyed with our kids and the bedtime routine we had except Sebastian who is sitting on my lap right now, because he took a nap after Superman, which he started with his friend Luke this afternoon. He slept from like 5-8, oops! That's O.K. because he'll sleep in tomorrow. I just wish I could. Blast the stinkin' marathon. Only 2 more runs until the big day. Next week I suppose I'll be wishing I could be running. Or maybe I'll just be relieved.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger doug said...

Let me get this strait, you like air poped popcorn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home