Saturday, June 16, 2007

Writing waiting for Adam to get home from rehearsal

The other day the kids were goofing around and Victoria accidentally kicked Sebastian, and he said, "Victoria, you kicked me in the privacy!"

Both of my kids ask on almost a daily bases if they can sell something. They have had a lemonade stand, and a small bake sale (chocolate chip cookies only to be specific). They have made a couple of dollars at their sales. Bless the neighbors that have patronized their little sales, and rewarded them for their hard work.
Their grandmother had a garage sale last weekend and they sold cookies, not even homemade and bottles of water. They finished with a combined gross sales of $22. Victoria got to keep a much larger portion because she stuck it out until 10:45, for a total of 3 hours and 45 minutes. Sebastian went in to watch cartoons after the first hour or hour and a half. He did well for a 5 year old though. They split the profits at that point and he made $3. Victoria, sat in the shade of her umbrella and at times only her wide brimmed hat, and made her hard earned money. She is a hard worker. I see it in her studies, her cleaning, exercise, and anything she puts her mind to, even her writing for which she never did earn an "A" grade. Writing was her only "B". She told me that she wasn't a very good writer. I told her the grade she received from her teacher was only one persons opinion of her writing. She was pretty disappointed to have never earned an "A". We will be doing a lot of writing, revising, and final copy work this next year. There will be some light writing practice this summer, but only for fun. I want her to enjoy writing! I am excited to start homeschooling. I think Victoria is one sweet, spunky, and inspiring little girl, who is growing up so fast I can hardly keep up.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! It was great to see you and Adam at the home school confrence. I didn't forget you, just slow on the delivery. I will be sending out a few books and videos this week so keep an eye out. Please share them!

Sherry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home