Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a Week!

O.K. our first week of school, and yes we need a three day weekend when it was over. I can't believe the weekend is over and we go back in a few short hours! I need to get some sleep! Victoria started schoo this week. Her favorite part was lunch. There's documented proof, she filled in the blank on a worksheet. My favorite part of today was_________. She wrote lunch and drew a picture. Her first lunch was, by request, a ham sandwich (I learned to only make a half, because there isn't time for a whole sandwich), watermelon, (which needs a tupperware, not a ziplock), and popcorn. When she got home she told me that she got to be line leader and that she didn't have much time to eat, not because she was line leader, but because they only have half an hour to eat and play! I swear we use to have at least a 45 minute lunch hour, if not an entire hour! "We had to eat fast!" she told me.
We had a lot of PTA stuff going last week, t-shirt sales, and new members. People commenting on the attire of PTA volunteers during a school function. We took it as constructive criticism! We are new and learning.
While Victoria was gone we asked Sebastian if he missed his sister, he said, "I like being home just a half me." When a friend asked him about being home without Victoria and he simply replied, "I like myself." I guess he's not to broken up about her being gone all day. When she got home they fought the first day like cats and dogs, but day 2 was much better!
Day 2 Sebastian picked up a 3" in diameter lizard. It was like 7-8" long. I thought it was dead until I got Sebastian to put it down. Then I realized it was alive. It scampered off into the yard from the patio when Ginger approached. Adam got to see it first and he said it was a horny toad. I've never seen one, until now I guess.
The weekend kind of flew by, but we did get to spend time with friends and family. We even rememebered to call a friend of 12 years ON HER ACTUAL BIRTHDAY and wish her a Happy 31st. I hope it really was. I get to see her Tuesday. Just wait until she sees what she got!
We also got to spend time with an old friend, who was visiting from out of town and have dinner together and share some peach pie, of which I was able to bake 4 this week, Pies that is. Three were peach, and one was apple. I am looking forward to making another apple pie, it's probably my favorite!
We had a fantastic BBQ with some friends today. The kids all played so well together! It doesn't seem to matter who it's with our kids love other kids. They so rarely fight while playing with other children, and not once today! What amazing kids! Thank you God!

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You should ask Jake what kind of lizard it was. It wasn't a horny toad. They are fat, round and have spikes over their eyes and down their backs and tails. We don't have horny toads in this part of Nevada. Adam grew up here, he should know better. I think he just wanted to say "horny toad".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home