Wednesday, September 20, 2006

From a notecard in my bathroom drawer

What do you expect at 3:00 in the morning? Yes, I am cleaning and organizing. Well, I was, but then I decided it was time to go to bed, and went to brush my teeth again, because it had been like 5 hours, since I originally did it. No, I didn't eat or drink anything besides water, but I like the fresh feeling :) However, when I went to wash my face, from the drawer that I cleaned and organized a few days ago, I pulled this, the last sign of disorganization in my bathroom 8x20" organized drawer.

I watched words fly today. They took a break to catch their breath and gather more fuel for the fire.
Waiting for my turn to return in flight or RUN. Not able to collect my thoughts. Knowing this was a battle not worth the fight and already won.

I caught a single drop of water upon my soft, smooth skin from which it rolled passed my heavy breath, filled with anxiety.

Covered heavily, drowning in sleeplessness, weaving in and out, counting up and down. I have a deadline. Passing it quietly. Contented to stand graciously, patiently, waiting. Having no depot at which to stand. Not knowing. Where it stops, nobody knows. I'll ride it aas long and as far as it goes. Paying my tolls, it's fare, they keep up the roads. Sometimes they're__________, but I'll do my part, pay my two cents. I remember when it use to be...well, what's the sense...what the heck. I'm still going, moving along with others beside me. Some follow, some walk. Some lead, still others beside me. My peers they don't look to me, but keep up, their eyes and their focus ahead. With no further ado, I needn't say more.

THE WORDS IF HE'D SEEN MY HEART

I shut down & wore a simple frown. I felt a heart sink today. Hope lost. Faith forgotten. I wonder what a Father would have done today. Had he chosen what went down. If he'd caught the fear with his comforting hand. If he'd heard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home